Transport your table to the continent with French Vineyard sausages, served with baby artichoke and grilled root vegetable medley, with baby vine tomatoes.
HOW TO COOK IT
Sizzle the sausages
Make the medley
Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC. Put a teaspoon of olive oil in a medium sized frying pan and individually brown the carrots and parsnips, then set aside. Place the shallots and garlic into the pan and lightly brown, then add the white wine and reduce by half. Add the tomato purée, chopped plum tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil then simmer for 2 minutes. Taste and season as required. Next, combine the tomato and shallots mixture with the carrots and parsnips in a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes at 190ºC. Add the artichokes and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes. Garnish with sprigs of lemon thyme.
With grilled baby tomatoes on the vine and french fries or crusty bread.
per 578g serving
- 6 French Vineyard sausages
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8-10 baby carrots
- 2 large parsnips, sliced lengthways into batons (like chunky french fries)
- 5-6 red shallots, sliced (approx. 5mm thick)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 150ml dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon tomato purée
- 2 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 200ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can pre-cooked baby artichokes
- 30g lemon thyme
- 1 punnet baby plum tomatoes on the vine, grilled and served natural