THE KOLKATA CROWD
Perfect for a party full of adventurous palettes – make your Kolkata Barbeque sausages the life and soul of a jalfrezi bake.
HOW TO COOK IT
Don’t Sizzle the Sausage!
Juggle the jalfrezi
Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC. Place the oil, garlic, turmeric, cumin, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala and chopped onion into a sauce pan and brown ‘til golden. Add the vegetable stock and tomatoes, simmer and reduce by 1/3 (approx. 20 minutes or until tomatoes fully break down). Taste and season with salt and pepper as required. Randomly place the red onions, red pepper, green pepper and green chillies into a baking dish. Add the raw sausages on top, pour over the jalfrezi sauce then bake at 190ºC for 30 minutes, turning the sausages after 15 minutes. Garnish with fresh coriander.
With steamed rice, naan bread and a generous glass of red.
per 525g serving
- 12 Kolkata Barbeque sausages
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1½ teaspoons coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 red onions, roughly sliced lengthways
- 1 red pepper, sliced lengthways
- 1 green pepper, sliced lengthways
- 3-6 mild green chillies, seeds removed and thinly sliced lengthways
- 15-20 sprigs fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Steamed Rice
- Naan Bread