THE ISLAND HOPPER
A holiday plate to make the mouth water. Mediterranean Medley sausages nestled in salad-y loveliness with wild rice and tarragon yoghurt.
HOW TO COOK IT
Sizzle the sausages
Sort the salad
Oh – so simple! Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
Liven up the yoghurt
Just as simple as the salad… Happy mixing.
Serve with wild rice, your favoured flat bread and a shot of ouzo (if you’re brave enough).
per 396g serving
- 12 Mediterranean Medley sausages
- Greek Style Salad
- 2 large beef tomatoes, sliced into wedges (10mm thick)
- ½ punnet red baby plum tomatoes, halved lengthways
- ½ punnet yellow baby plum tomatoes, halved lengthways
- ½ cucumber, de-seeded and diced (approx. 5mm cubes)
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 100g stoned kalamata olives
- 80g feta cheese, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 400g plain Greek yoghurt
- 30g tarragon, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste