THE CHOW MEIN EVENT
Korean street food to be shared. Cook up your Korean Sweet Chilli sausages in a Hawker-style chow mein broth for an authentic food adventure.
HOW TO COOK IT
Sizzle the sausages
Then cool slightly and chop into bite-size chunks.
Make the mein
Place the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, onion, chilli and lemongrass into a saucepan and brown for 3-4 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and soy sauce, bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes. Taste the stock and season with salt and pepper if required. Finally, add the bean sprouts, Asian greens and ready to eat noodles, bring back up to the boil, then simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped sausages & Coriander/Basil.
With a cheery “Jalmukesumneda” (“I will eat well”). Chopsticks optional.
per 720g serving
- 12 Korean Sweet Chilli sausages
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 mild red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 stick of lemongrass
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 small packet bean sprouts
- 3 small pak choi or your preferred Asian style greens, roughly sliced 5-8 sprigs coriander or basil (or both)
- Egg noodles (read the packaging for quantity and cooking instructions)