THE ASIAN MARKET
Simple street food with a delicious twist. Take your Singapore Satay sausages and combine with market vegetables and a classic satay sauce.
HOW TO COOK IT
Sizzle the sausages
Cook up the Veg
Place the sesame oil, garlic, ginger and shallots into a wok and gently brown until golden. Add the wine and reduce until almost all liquid is gone, add the stock and simmer for 15 minutes. Next add the soy sauce, chilli flakes and peanut butter and simmer for 1 minute. Taste and season as required. Add the choi sum and pak choi, then place a lid on the wok and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Garnish with basil.
With steamed rice and a large glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
per 341g serving
- 12 Singapore Satay Sausages
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 shallots or 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 100ml white wine
- 250ml chicken stock
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter (Whole Earth peanut butter is good)
- 200g choi sum, sliced into 5cm lengths
- 200g pak choi, roughly sliced (approx. 2cm)
- 10 sprigs fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steamed Rice