THE AFRICAN KEBAB
Sausages and squeaky cheese? The thinking foodies’ BBQ jackpot. Let Moroccan Spiced sausages cosy up to vegetables and halloumi, drizzled in Harissa sauce.
HOW TO COOK IT
Sizzle the sausages
Thread the kebabs
Push a random selection of vegetables and halloumi pieces onto each skewer and set aside.
Prepare the sauce
Place the peppers, chillies, onion and garlic into the oven at 160ºC for 25 minutes, checking regularly to ensure they don’t stick or burn. Add the tomatoes, sugar and water then increase the temperature to 200ºC for a further 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and whizz up in a food processor, add the lime juice then whilst slowly adding whisk in the olive oil. Add more water if the mixture is too thick. Taste and season as required.
Cook the kebabs
Place on a baking tray and cook at 200ºC for 15 minutes.
With pita bread, couscous and a tot of your favoured sparkling wine.
per 497g serving
- 12 Moroccan Spiced Sausages
- 2 courgettes, cut into large bite sized pieces
- Button mushrooms
- 200g Halloumi, cut into large bite sized pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into large bite sized pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into large bite sized pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into large bite sized pieces
- For the Harissa Sauce
- 3 red peppers
- 4 hot red chillies, seeds removed
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic (keep whole)
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 100ml water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 2 limes
- Pita Bread
- Cous cous