SWEET & SOUR
A little sweet; a little sour… what’s not to like? This lip-licky, sticky side dish is the perfect match for your Korean Sweet Chilli sausages.
HOW TO COOK IT
Sizzle the sausages
Prepare the Sweet & Sour
Place the sesame oil, garlic and ginger into a small saucepan and brown for 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste, vinegar, sugar and water and bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes. Add the red onion, green pepper, carrot and a little more water if required. Bring to the boil then simmer for a further 7-8 minutes, depending on how soft you prefer your veg. Finally mix the cornflour with a small amount of water until it has a milk-like appearance. Add the cornflour mixture and chopped coriander to the sauce and stir for a minute. Add salt and pepper to taste.
With Korean Sweet Chilli sausages, steamed rice and Asian greens.
per 497g serving
- 6 Korean Sweet Chilli sausages
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ pint water
- 1 red onion, roughly sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced into 10mm strips
- 1 large carrot, sliced into small batons
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 5-8 sprigs coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steamed Rice
- Asian Greens