SPICE TO THE PARTY
A winner at every gathering – bring a taste of the east with Singapore Satay sausages and spicy noodles.
HOW TO COOK IT
Heat an empty saucepan until very hot, add the wine and reduce by half, then add the stock and reduce by half again. Set aside and allow to cool. When the liquid is cool, add the soy sauce, green chillies, red onion and peanut butter. Mix all ingredients together then slowly add the oil whilst stirring quite quickly. Set aside.
Cook and drain the noodles as instructed on the packet, add all the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Place the noodles in a serving dish, adding the sauce/dressing on top.
Make a simple 4 egg omelette and slice into 1cm strips. Place the omelette on top of the noodle dish and sprinkle with coriander and basil leaves to serve.
Dish can be served hot, cold or at room temperature, with the sausages on the side or mixed through. Be sure to add an ice cold Tiger Beer.
per 318g serving
- 12 Singapore Satay Sausages
- 50ml rice wine or dry white wine
- 50ml vegetable stock
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 green chillies, finely sliced
- 1 red onion, very finely diced
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 sprigs coriander, roughly chopped
- Noodle Dish
- Vermicelli rice noodles (see packaging for quantity and cooking instructions)
- 50g peanuts, roughly chopped
- 8 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, brunoised
- 6 sprigs basil, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped into small cubes (5mm x 5mm)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon saltinto
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sprigs coriander, pick leaves
- 4 sprigs basil, pick leaves