A classic flavour combination that will have your palette sampling the street food of Singapore without even leaving the house. Team Singapore Satay sausages with this delicious chunky sauce and egg noodles.
HOW TO COOK IT
Sizzle the sausages
Prepare the chunky sauce
Place the oil, garlic, cumin, cinnamon and shallots into a wok and gently brown ‘til golden. Then add the stock, soy sauce, hoi sin and sugar and simmer for 15 minutes. Add water if it’s a little too thick, taste and season if required. Add the broccoli and green pepper, bring to boil then add the peanut butter and simmer for a further 2 minutes. Garnish with coriander.
With egg noodles and a glass of chardy.
per 522g serving
- 6 Singapore Satay Sausages
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 shallots or 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 150ml chicken stock
- 1 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoi sin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 green pepper, diced (approx. 5mm x 5mm)
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter (Whole Earth peanut butter is good)
- 10 sprigs fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Egg noodles (read the packaging for quantity and cooking instructions)