This is a continental sausage party! Serve up your French Vineyard sausages with tian Provençal and pomme dauphinoise with smoked bacon lardons.
HOW TO COOK IT
Sizzle the sausages
Tickle the Tian sauce
Place the oil, garlic and onion into a saucepan and brown ‘til golden. Add the wine and reduce by half. Then add the tomato purée, chopped tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes. Taste and season as required. Using a hand blender, blend the sauce until it’s a thick tomato soup consistency, and set aside.
Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC. Layer the potato slices randomly, with the garlic, lardons and a pinch of pepper within each layer (don’t be tempted to season with salt… the lardons will create enough flavour), pour in the cream. Cook in the oven for 50 minutes (check every 20 mins, if a bit dry add a little milk), then sprinkle with the grated cheese and cook for a further 10 minutes or until golden.
In a round baking-come-serving dish, place all the sliced vegetables side by side standing up, cover with the tian sauce and bake for 40 minutes. Garnish with chopped thyme.
With a crisp glass of Merlot.
per 445g serving
- 18 French Vineyard sausages
- Tian sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 150ml white wine
- 1 teaspoon tomato purée
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 large potatoes, peeled and sliced in 3-4mm thick rounds
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200g smoked lardons
- Pepper to taste
- 600ml double cream
- 300g mature cheddar, grated
- Tian Provençal
- 2 small aubergines, sliced in 5mm thick rounds
- 3 red onions, sliced in 5mm thick rounds
- 2 green courgettes, sliced in 5mm thick rounds
- 2 yellow courgettes, sliced in 5mm thick rounds
- 3 large beef tomatoes, sliced in 5mm thick rounds
- 30g fresh thyme, finely chopped