Combine your French Vineyard sausages with goats’ cheese and spinach on sour dough with a cucumber and red pesto salsa.
HOW TO COOK IT
Sizzle the Sausage
Cook it up!
Pre-heat the oven to 170ºC. Cook the spinach with a little seasoning and olive oil, allow to cool then squeeze out all of the excess water and set aside. Toast the sour dough and allow to cool, then lightly butter. Layer the spinach and pan fried red onion on the toast with the goats’ cheese on top. Place in the oven to cook for 10-12 minutes or until the goats’ cheese begins to colour. In a separate bowl add the diced cucumber, finely chopped red onion, pesto and a teaspoon of olive oil, mix and set aside.
Sausages smothered with red onion pesto with the goats cheese toasty on the side. Sunday brunch will never be the same again.
per 388g serving
- 6 French Vineyard sausages
- 200g fresh spinach
- 1 small loaf of sour dough, sliced into rounds (15mm thick)
- 1½ red onions, cut lengthways into 12th’s, grilled or pan fried
- Goats’ cheese (allow 60-80g per person)
- ½ small cucumber, diced (approx. 5mm cubes)
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red pesto (if no time constraints, make it fresh as it’s much better)
- Olive oil
- Butter for toast (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste